What are the really unusual or weird computers?

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 22:36:23 CDT 2007

--- woodelf <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Chris M wrote:
>
> >  And...what was the first computer *any* to have a
> > rom-BASIC
>
> The Apple (1?) must come fairly close the mark.
> I remember (from the web) there there was no source
> for the integer
> basic , it was all hand coded.

 I had read many years ago that the first thing Jobs
did was in fact write the BASIC interpreter. This
totally mussed my brain up. Turns out that in the
"time sharing" days it was common to hand code
assembly, and present the work Friday afternoon to
the, I don't know, job guy.
 And frankly, I hadn't until now contemplated that the
A1's BASIC was written in binary. Lordy