I am now Annoyed [Re: Old oscilloscope help: ideas sought]

listmailgoeshere at gmail.com listmailgoeshere at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:57:51 CST 2007

On 3/1/07, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2007 at 19:00, der Mouse wrote:
> > Actually, come to think of it, looking at your (natural enough) use of
> > "valve" where I'd write "tube", I'm curious - are CRTs called CRTs on
> > your side of the pond, or something else (CRV?)?
> This has come up before--it's "tube" if I recall.  The same applies
> to terms suchl as TWT.
> The only difference is that some pronounce it "chube"

"all". No-one British that I've ever heard pronounces it "toob".
People would look at you funny if you did ;)


More information about the cctech mailing list