Meiko Computing Surface software.

Andrew Back andy at smokebelch.org
Tue Mar 6 09:11:19 CST 2007

Hello,

I have two Meiko Computing Surface nodes I'm hoping to soon finally get
round to restoring. Removal of dust, cobwebs and rust is one thing, but I
sadly don't have any software for them, e.g. 'MeikOS', CS Tools, link
adapter drivers etc.

One is a 1st generation CS with boards filled with transputers, a
host/monitor board, RAM card and gfx card. Also have a PC ISA link adapter
and a connecting cable made from something akin to miniature flat twinax
(well the links did run at 10Mb/s).

The 2nd node is a later CS/i860 (aka Concerto), which again has
transputers but also as the name suggests i860 CPUs, and a module which is
a Sparc 1+ front end processor. Sadly the HDD had died and so I couldn't
recover the SunOS 4 install along with the kernel bits for the link
adapters and any other platform software. Pretty sure the NVRAM has had it
too but that is the least of my worries...

If anyone could help locating any Meiko software else just point me in
the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Back
a at smokebelch.org