Value of a PDP/8?

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Fri Mar 9 17:39:49 CST 2007

At 05:18 PM 3/9/2007, Jules Richardson wrote:
>I'm not quite sure how to get the message out there that this stuff's of potential interest - particularly without being drowned in copies of mundane PC software. Often the people who actually have a stash of disks / tapes / whatever aren't the ones who recall what they actually are!

I think the most effective method is to create a web page
stating that you're eager to preserve (and pay shipping to get)
those items.  Many people who are about to throw away something
that was once valuable will Google and/or search eBay to see
if anyone is selling or preserving the stuff.

I think there's a lot of potential for a generic "rescue squad"
web application for this.  Not just for classic computers, but
almost every hobby involved in preservation.  Like Freecycle,
but national, and based on stated wants, and geographically
linked and alerted so a ready rescuer can be found quickly.

- John