ftp archives disappearing?

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Mar 12 21:23:27 CDT 2007

Jim wrote...
> I prefer filezilla or winscp as my main gui's, which I apologize are
> both windows utilities.  But they hopefully will be duplicated on
> linux and macos at some point.

I have always been a huge proponent of Van Dyke's SecureCRT (telnet & ssh),
and in relation to this thread their companion product SecureFX (ftp &
sftp). For a commercial package, these are by far the best IMHO and I use
both very extensively every single day. To bring in another thread, it's one
of the few that I've seen get all the various terminal emulations 99.9%. But
SecureFX is bettern than winscp I think.

But for a non-commercial package... filezilla rocks! I wasn't aware of it
till fairly recently. It's quite nice.

Jay West