Fwd: Featured Offer of the Month: Free FD100 Terminal!

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 14 17:43:24 CDT 2007

> Depends on your point of view.

Absolutely.  That's one of the great things about our hobby.
There is enough variety of backgrounds and systems that
almost every system can find a champion.

I guess the Brother-type WPs fail to catch my attention
because they're so much like other things I've designed
or worked with.  Of course, that doesn't mean I don't
still have claim to the Brother we got my mother about 12
years ago.  That sounded weird.  Does that make it my
uncle????

>  The Brother floppies are interesting--
> 240K single-sided 80 (sometimes 40) track 3.5" SS2D using GCR.  The
> drives were really gutless wonders.  IIRC, many were Z80/64180 based
> systems.  I've not tried to get CP/M running on one but it might well
> be possible.

Hmmm.  There's an idea.  Maybe there's more hack value
than I had thought.

BLS