Don Maslin/Archiving system software

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 00:07:55 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sridhar Ayengar" <ploopster at gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: Don Maslin/Archiving system software

> Hex Star wrote:
> > The Russian comment is that if someone here does speak russian it would
be
> > possible to get Russian hosting in Russia which would prevent us from
> > having
> > to deal with US copyright issues and thus be able to upload whatever we
> > want
>
> That implies a systemic desire to avoid valid copyright.  That doesn't
> seem like a good idea.  If you don't respect others' copyright, you
> shouldn't expect anyone to respect yours.
>
> I write open-source software.  The last thing I would want is for people
> to be ignoring my licenses wholesale.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

The issue is what do you do if you want Adobe Photoshop 1.0 when the
copyright holder does not sell or support that version and the latest will
not run on a Mac with 512k RAM.

You can wait 10 years and maybe it will show up on ebay, or you can pirate
it.

What is Adobe doesn't even have the original Photoshop 1.0 code anymore, is
it ok to let it fade away because of bitrot?