ftp archives disappearing?

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Mon Mar 19 07:42:10 CDT 2007

> From: "Hex Star" <hexstar at gmail.com>
>
> > On 3/18/07, der Mouse <mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca> wrote:
> >
> > If you can't see the difference between helping people and feeding
> > leeches...*boggle*
>
> I agree with Jim, why is someone uploading big sized files for people to
> download when at the same time they don't expect to spend lots of monthly
> bandwidth? That just doesn't make sense...any file archive and just file
> hosting in general is going to involve investing alot of monthly bandwidth

This "I can do as I want" discussion boils down to respect for others. It is
utterly arrogant (and stupid) to disregard the wishes of someone providing
something for free. Most of us give away our time to help others, but expecting
us to allow others to also just take our money is ... well ... der Mouse put it
best with *boggle*!!!