Why blinkenlights ?

Julian Wolfe fireflyst at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 17:57:46 CDT 2007

Jay has a point, with the lights it is easier to visually see things like a
stuck bit, but the tradeoff is that things like bootstraps are just painful
to enter.

Did anyone ever do a machine with both? That would be really great if you
could examine the bits using the keypad.

IMO, lights=good, switches=bad (especially when they break on old equipment
and you have to find replacements, which is a major undertaking depending on
the machine)

[troll]Unless you're using an HP21xx machine, in which case you just get
some of those DIY switches from Radio Shack[/troll]