Keyboards (was: Why blinkenlights ?)

Steve Shumaker shumaker at att.net
Wed Mar 21 13:19:48 CDT 2007

That style of keyboard was also used in the "Northgate"
computers.  They custom designed one of the heaviest keyboards on the
market and sold it with their Northgate clones in the mid /ate
80s.  Steel frames, virtually no flex, REAL mechanical keys,
programmable function sets...   The computers have long since
disappeared (company folded many years ago) but the keyboards still
show up occasionally on e-bay.  Called Omnikey and Omnikey
Ultra..   I'm still using one today.

s shumaker