OS/400 V3R2 License Keys for hobbyist use

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Mon Mar 26 21:20:01 CDT 2007

Doc wrote

> IBM's idea of a hobbyist license is $15,000 a shot.

Just out of curiosity, how does one generally learn these business
systems?
For MVS we have Hercules, for VMS there's the hobbyist program (and
either cheap VAXen/Alphas or emulators), but for MPE/iX and
i5/OS-OS/400 there's nothing. Is it similar to accordion repair where 2
schools turn out our entire national supply? Or do businesses keep a
couple of old machines in the back for people to learn on?