3.25-inch floppies

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Nov 1 21:54:35 CDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, David Griffith wrote:
> Please bear with me one more time...  What was that URL to the stuff about
> the mythic 3.25" floppy disk?  (the one that looked like a shrunken 5.25"
> and loaded onto a tray).

don't know a URL, but Dysan bet the company and lost.
During the big "debate" about which size (3", 3.25", 3.5", 3.9") would be
"shirt pocket" disk to replace "bar napkin" disk, many "experts" said
that it would go to  whichever had software.  So, Dysan set up an enormous
software distribution system.

The "experts" were, of course clueless, and objective "bests" were
irrelevant; it went to what the biggest companies went with.

Seequa Chameleon 325 is the only machine that I've heard of actually going
with it.  I got disks, drives, alignment disks, etc. from Micropro.

BTW, George Morrow said that the answer was to cut a deal with the
clothing industry to enlarge shirt pockets to 5.25" or 8".

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com