VCFX Photos

Jim Battle frustum at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 7 15:21:39 CST 2007

woodelf wrote:
> Philip Pemberton wrote:
>
>> It appears to be an RCA COSMAC Microtutor, which by the looks of
>> things is broadly similar to the Popular Electronics "COSMAC Elf"...
> I don't see the CPU. Is that on a plug in board?

The page describing the exhibits for vcf 10 explains it:

RCA 1800 MICROTUTOR
Larry Pezzolo (Palo Alto, CA, United States)

The MICROTUTOR preceded the COSMAC "ELF" computer which was very similar
in form and function. This one is a very early version that uses the
COSMAC 1801 microprocessor, the two chip predecessor to the 1802.