Indicator tubes for transistor logic machines.

Tony Duell ard at
Fri Nov 9 19:00:51 CST 2007

> > Talking about CRTs, I beleieve across the Pond, the electodes are called
> > 'cathode', 'grid 1', 'grid 2'.... 'anode'. Over here they're 'cathode'
> > 'grid'. 'anode 1' (or 'first anode'), 'anode 2' ('second anode')... (the
> > last one, the aquadaq coating inside the flare, connected to the EHT
> > supply, is called the 'final anode' most of the time).
> Usually the grid is called Wehnelt cylinder because of its inventor and 
> its shape.

Although I've seen that term in books in the UK, it's not common (and I 
don't think I'ev seen a service manual, as opposed to a book on design, 
that uses it). In the UK it's normally just called the 'grid' or 'control 


More information about the cctech mailing list