Commodore PET

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:08:31 CST 2007

Richard wrote:
> In article <4734C8E2.7040506 at yahoo.co.uk>,
>     Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk>  writes:
>
>> I think it's not that they're particularly bad, just that I'm failing to see
>> why they've got quite the following that they have (unless this is just
>> another one of those UK/US differences - there were lots of expandable,
>> well-built, well-documented systems around in the UK back in the day, but
>> perhaps that wasn't so true of the US?)
>
> What "expandable, well-built, well-documented systems around in the
> UK" were available in 1977/1978?

Weren't we well into S100 bus territory by then and all the various
systems/boards that went with it?  I did actually goof though in thinking that
the original PET was 1979 (and so the likes of Acorn and Research Machines
cabinets were appearing on the scene) - I didn't realise it was a couple of
years earlier.