Who keeps buying DECTalks?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 17:04:19 CST 2007

William Donzelli wrote:
>> I suspect they're being purchased by dealers.  I'd like one, but
>> haven't been willing to shell out the $$$'s.
>
> Dealers do not buy many things on Ebay - a general rule of thumb. It
> does not make much sense for dealer to pay top dollar for stuff.
>
> Lets see - 1) its DEC 1) its old 1) its cool. Collector demand? Nahhhh....

Someone I met up with recently was getting annoyed because the same person was
buying the same stuff over and over again on Ebay, often for high prices -
presumably their plan is to dry the market up completely and then demand huge
sums of money for the parts that they have.

If the DECtalks are largely going to the same person, maybe a similar thing is
happening there...

Some people have disturbingly deep pockets :-(