BBC coverage: Colossus vs. Modern hardware

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 14:43:49 CST 2007

woodelf wrote:
> from at fu3.org wrote:
>
>> Disregard my premature statement; yours is here too.
> Who do you think will crash first? The real hardware or the software
> version?

ISTR the Colossus guys saying that one of the main problems was the lack of
transmit power on the German side (due to rules and regulations) - it's a
fraction of what it would have been in wartime. Plus of course the receiving
aerial is tiny compared to the originals too!

Glad my post turned up and I wasn't going mad, anyway. Just another little
glitch in the Matrix I guess :-)

J.