Old Supermac video card with a different video connection

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 12:54:47 CST 2007

On 21/11/2007, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Teo Zenios wrote:
> > Hopefully by saturday I will get a new batch of Apple mac Nubus
> > video cards
> > in. One of them should be a Supermac Thunder II GX 1600. The card
> > has a
> > video out that looks like the old SUN type ( 10 small pins and 3 large
> > ones), anybody know if it is compatible with a SUN to VGA adapter?
>
>    The connector is called "DB13W3".  I doubt it'll work with a Sun-
>  >VGA adapter.

I recently got given a decent 21" colour monitor with a DB13W3
connector on it. Never used one of these before.

In the same pile of stuff was a Mac video connector to DB13 cable.
I've tried this on an old Beige G3, and also via an SVGA-Mac convertor
on a PC. It gives a good sharp picture, but on both systems, red and
green were reversed.

Does this mean my cable's incorrectly wired up or doesn't belong to
this monitor, or is that something to do with using a DB13 monitor on
a modern PC?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508