Teaching kids about computers...

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 12:42:36 CST 2007

On Saturday 24 November 2007 23:31, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> The User Port on all the C= machines is more-or-less the same... 12x2
> 0.154" edge connectors.

I thought those were 0.156"?

I'm trying to remember what all edge connectors used to be common.  I'm
thinking that 0.1",  0.125",  and 0.156" were some of the more common sizes
of connector finger out there.  And how many pins?  Seemed to me there was an
awful lot of stuff out there that used 22/44 pins of 0.156" spacing.  I'm
wondering what other ones might have been especially common.

On that subject I note that the BBII I mentioned a bit ago has a space in the
board for an STD bus connector,  and am wondering how practical it might be
to instead put some sort of an expansion box connection in there,  the one
other time I brought that up opinions were pretty doubtful,  citing bus
buffer propagation delays.  That board maps the second byte of RAM out on
that bus,  and it'd be nice to be able to add some I/O out there too.

-
M Dakin