IBM 4019 Laser Printer

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 13:37:57 CST 2007

I have one of these,  and it seems to be a real workhorse,  as is evidenced by
the status page it kicks out on powerup,  which lists somewhere close to a
quarter million pages having been printed out...

That status page is a part of the problem.  When I got it I was told that "a
postscript board" was in it,  and it indeed does seem to speak postscript
just fine,  but as long as I have that emulation enabled (as opposed to LJ or
whatever,  I think there were three or four choices altogether) it kicks out
that page every single time you power it up.  Is there any way to defeat
this?

Also,  since I switched to using this LJ5 I acquired fairly recently,  on
pulling the paper out of the IBM it seems that a roller that sits on the top
of the stack of paper is in the process of turning to goo,  like those
capstan rollers I see mentioned in here from time to time.  Is there a
rebuild kit or are replacement parts for this thing available out there
anywhere?

-
M Dakin