OT : CRT replacement

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 17:28:34 CST 2007

> Hi all
>
> Apologies for the off-topic, but I'm pretty sure someone here knows the
> answer to this one.
>
> A friend has a Motorola Communications Analyser model number R 2001 B. The
> CRT is blown.

Why do you suspect that the CRT has failed? Have yoy actually tested it
(e.g is the heater open-circuit?)

> I don't even know if it's vector or raster, I'd suspect vector?

There is no such thing as a 'vactor CRT'. Any CRT can be used in either
mod. Although it's common for raster displayes to use
magnetically-deflected CRTs and vector displays to use
electrostatically-deflected CRTs, I can think of counterexamples to both
of those.

Can you give a little more description of the CRT? Any type number on it?
Is it more like  TV CRT ot a 'socpe one?