Teaching kids about computers...

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:46:17 CST 2007

> From: rtellason at verizon.net
>
> On Saturday 24 November 2007 12:39, dwight elvey wrote:
>>> From: rtellason at verizon.net
>>>

>>> Speaking of which, I have a vague recollection of "Tiny BASIC". Never did
>>> actually use it, though. Any of you guys familiar with it? Is it all that
>>> usable? At all extensible? I can see where it might be handy for some
>>> stuff...
>>
>> Hi
>> A search on the web will show a couple of listing of a version of Palo
>> Alto Tiny BASIC that I posted years ago. It was slighly modified from the
>> original to allow on to expand it. It had I/O for the Poly88 but it could
>> be easily connected to any serial streams terminal.
>> It fit in 2 2708s which was great for the Poly88.
>
> Which works out just fine for the 2716s being the smallest part my programmer
> can handle. :-)

---snip---

Hi
 I looked up one of the pointers to the files on the web.
You can find a listing file, some docs and two binary
images for this version of TinyBasic at:

http://www.microplexus.net/projects/z80/prog/general/devel_tools_langs/basic/Poly88-TinyBASIC/

 If you deside to use this code, I can dig up the code I wrote for PEEK and POKE.
Dwight