Small 4-pen plotters was Re: *updating* 8088's

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Nov 27 11:05:31 CST 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 18:39, Tony Duell wrote:
> Incidentally, remember those little 4-pen plotters that Radio Shack used
> in the CGP115, Commoodore used in the 1520, etc, etc, etc. The pen
> up/down solenoid in those is magnetically-latched. A pulse of one
> polarity puts the pane on to the paper, a pulse of the other polarity
> lifts it off again.

Speaking of those,  I have somewhere one of those that is branded IBM.  It's
missing a power supply,  and the connector where said supply goes in is a bit
odd,  not something I recall ever seeing anywhere else.  Anybody know where I
might pursue some info on that thing?  I'm thinking that at worst I can
probably hard-wire something into it...

-
M Dakin