Commodore 64 PSUs

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Fri Nov 30 18:04:28 CST 2007

Jules Richardson wrote:
> Jim Brain wrote:
>>>  > pics?  I'm not sure I recall a wedge-shaped PSU.
>>>
>>> OK, look here: http://jope.fi/cbm/cbm/c64psu.jpg.
>>>
>>> The PSU I'm referring to is the leftmost one of the three in that
>>> picture; I've always called them "wedge shaped", but I suppose
>>> "cheese block" would be closer to the mark, LOL.
>> Wow, never seen anything like that.  The ones on the right and middle
>> are all I know as PSUs.  Ya learn something new every day.
>
> Jumping in...
>
> Curious. For 'old shape' C64 machines, I've never seen anything
> *except* the wedge-shape design - I didn't know anything else existed
> until the time when CBM re-did the machine case itself. Isn't it
> exactly the same shell as the Plus/4 PSU, but in beige rather than black?

THis is all I have here for old-style 64 PS:

http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/live/images/c64.jpg

Now, I only know this as the PS for the Plus/4:

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/vic20/h/plus4.jpg

This interesting unit I have seen on VICs:

http://www.commodore.ca/products/vic20/vic202.jpg

Of course, while searching, I came upon this item I have never seen.
Another day of learning.  I want one!

http://cdn2.soundclick.com/21/imgPages/3/3/3059673_63411.jpg?version=206

I have a rounded (non-fin) 2 prong VIC PS in storage, but I can't find
good pics online, so take my word at present that such rounded
non-finned beasts exist.

Truly trivial, but oh well.

Jim