two multibus systems in Pasadena need homes

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:42:04 CDT 2007

> From: dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu> > > Sorry about the short notice on this...> > I will be down in the LA/Pasadena area on Monday October 1 to pick up> another load of stuff to liquidate. Among the items are two Intel> Multibus systems. I have not yet examined these systems, but the owner> (the same one who had the Nova 4 mini) tells me that they're ready to boot> if you have some boot media. Each is in a rackmount case about 20 inches> cubed. No boot media or docs appear to be present.> > If you're in the LA area and are interested in one or both, please email> me immediately. I will describe the machines to you on the phone when I> see them and then if you decide to buy them, I'll deliver them for gas> money (range within reason). The machines are in Glendora.> Hi
 If they are Intel boxes and rack mounted, they are most
likely MDS800s. These are really nice machines. If I didn't already
have one, I'd be able to justify getting one to the wife.
 If this is what they are, the first CP/M was written for this
machine.
 These may even have 8086 boards in them but should have
a 8080 or 8085 board as well. Since they are rack mounted,
it is not to likely that they have ICE boards with them because
the cables need to be short.
Dwight