DEC RSX-11

John A. Dundas III dundas at caltech.edu
Wed Oct 10 10:24:38 CDT 2007

At 1:50 PM -0400 10/9/07, Allison wrote:
>HALP!
>
>I just decided to attack a micro-11 system I had not attendded to.
>Good news is it's pristine and complete:
>
>  BA23, 11/23BH, 512k (M8057), DEQNA, RQDX2(late firmware).
>
>The RD52 has RXS11 and boots.

What version?

>It's been a long time since I used RSX and longer since
>I've administered it.  So some procedures for doing things
>I need to know or a pointer to.
>
>TO shut down I do?

>RUN $SHUTUP

from a privileged account.

LB:[1,2]SHUTUP.CMD can be edited to include local shutdown tasks.  It
is invoked as part of $SHUTUP.TSK.

>TO change admin password how, and which account again?

If this is a version of RSX that has DCL installed, use SET PASSWORD.

Otherwise

>RUN $ACNT

>If I add a 8line mux  (DHV or DZV) what the procedure to get
>system to install and recognise it.

Either VMR or @[200,200]SYSGEN; no longer remember under what
circumstances you could "just" VMR.

>On line DOCs to refresh memory from?

I've assembled some of mine, Al's, and others at

<http://dundas-mac.caltech.edu/~dundas/retro/DEC%20Docs/RSX/>

John