Extracting CDOS and CP/M) files

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 19:36:45 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 20:23, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Dave Dunfield wrote:
> > Sorry, I haven't delved back into the CDOS/CPM filesystem yet - It's been
> > years, and I haven't found a good technical description yet (any
> > pointers?)
>
> I can't immediately find one to point you to, so here is an off the top of
> my head rundown of the CP/M DIRectory structure (which may be completely
> indecipherable without illustrations or more careful wording):

(Snip)

Let me add to that the high bit of the "name" and "type" fields being used
for "attributes",  like a file being read-only,  etc.  Some of these were
pretty consistent and some of them varied from one implementation to another,
thinking CP/M,  CDOS (which I have no direct expierience with),  Turbodos,
MMMOST,   and so forth.  Some were,  I think,  "user flags",  which an
application could use, as well.

-
M Dakin