TSX on RL02 pack?

Charles charlesmorris at hughes.net
Thu Oct 11 12:35:52 CDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:01:24 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>> I tried to boot from the pack but
>> instead it came up in RT11SJ. What have I got here?

>TSX doesn't boot from "bare metal". It requires RT-11 there to boot. Once
>RT-11 boots, then you run TSX. At that point, TSX replaces most all of RT-11
>with itself - I don't think it leaves much of RT11 if any (in memory) after
>it loads.
>
>So... after RT-11 boots, do "R TSX"
>
>To modify accounts... "R TSAUTH"
>
>Jay West

Thanks, Jay! I did that and TSX-Plus Version 5.0 started right up.

It executes several small .com files and then put up a big splash
screen on the VT220 for "DBL/RT11/TSX by mumble mumble
Corporation" or something like that, but freezes halfway through
it and won't do anything until reboot.

Now I just need to download a TSX+ manual and figure out how to
remove/modify the startup files.

Is this disk something the list is interested in, or is it easy to
find a working TSX image elsewhere? (Regardless, I'm going to
preserve the disk since it's another OS to play with).

-Charles