AT 286 Uses (was: Re: Taken: AT 286 motherboard with mathco)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 16:06:15 CDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Bryan Pope <bpope at wordstock.com> wrote:
> And thusly were the wise words spake by Roy J. Tellason
> >
> > My question is,  what are these good for these days?  What sort of use could
> > something like this be put to?
> >

> Playing Wolfenstein 3D? :)

That reminds me of all the 286s in Hamfests I saw 15+ years ago -
Wolf3D every direction you turned, until people got tired of hauling
286s to Hamfests to watch them not sell.

It was a long time until sellers found a new "attract" program to pull
in buyers.  At least the smoothness of the animation could give you a
rough idea of the overall performance of the system - much better than
quoting megahertz and waitstates.

-ethan