top2049 programmer as 74xxx chip tester

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:16:14 CDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Alexandre Souza <alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br> wrote:
> > I have that problem with my B&C Microsystems UP600A - I have to keep a
> > 286 maintained to be able to use it (a Compaq 286/SLT laptop with
> > docking station, in which is the B&C ISA card and an Ethernet card).
>
>     With the price of the TOP 200x programmers, I don't think this option is
> still feasible...

Well... it's a laptop, so it takes up about as much space as the
programmer.  It was given to me, so it didn't cost anything to
acquire.  If you don't already have one, or your only option is a
PC-XT or PC-AT and space is tight, I can see that being a problem, but
in my case, it works great.  When I'm not using it, I close the lid,
then stack the programmer on the closed laptop - not much space at
all.

-ethan