An old dream come true: Iris Indigo!

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Oct 22 16:22:12 CDT 2007

In article <00bc01c814f7$c8515470$f0fea8c0 at alpha>,
    "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br>  writes:

>     My questions:
>     - How fast is it?

That would depend on the processor installed.  Check the manuals here:
<http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/listdocs.cgi?coll=hdwr&prods=Indigo>

>     - What can I run on that?

You should be able to run any MIPS based/IRIX software for SGIs.  I
don't know what IRIX release you'll need; perhaps someone else can
provide that info.

>     - Does it use any kind of special memory?

Its my understanding that it uses SIMMS.  See:
<http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=hdwr&db=bks&srch=&fname=/SGI_EndUser/Indigo_OG/sgi_html/ch03.html>

>     - Can I use a PC mouse/keyboard with that?
>     - Are the monitor frequencies suitable for a modern PC monitor?

I *think* the answer to these is yes, but check the usual web sites
(futuretech, Ian Mapelson's SGI site, etc.) for info.

I got 2 Indigos sans hard drives recently but haven't had a chance to
explore more in depth than unpacking them.