IBM junk

Paxton Hoag innfoclassics at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:30:13 CDT 2007

> Does anyone here have a 5182 Color Printer? This was one of the
> goodies today, from an ex-IBM salesman that was finally clearing out
> the closet. He said it was a very unsuccessful product from the XT/AT
> era, and may have never been for sale to the public. He said they were
> probably internal use only.
>
> The 5182 is a dot matrix printer with a four color ribbon. Kludge on a stick.

I have had quite a few of these go throgh my hands in the early 90s.

The IBM 5182 Color dot matrix printer is actually a Dataproducts 8050
with different plastic and branding. Any 8050 dataproducts ribbon
(widely used) should work.

The Dataproducts 8050 was a heavy duty office dot matrix printer and
quite common. The IBM varient is uncommon. Worth saving if in good
condition.

Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR
USA