Alternative Hardware Design for Floppy Interface

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Oct 22 19:27:14 CDT 2007

On 23 Oct 2007 at 1:13, Ensor wrote:

> I suspect that's the direction things are headed in the future.

I agree.  Add to that the decreasing popularity of desktop systems.
I've seen loaded desktop Athlon 64 systems selling for about $250
shipped lately.  Some of the silly prices that people selling old
used systems on Craigslist remind me of the real-estate market.

Soon, a desktop system will bear a distinct similarity to a Mac Mini.
o floppy, no legacy mouse, keyboard, printer or serial interface--and
pretty much use-and-discard.

Cheers,
Chuck