Need help: Step by step approach in the restoration of old computers

Andreas Holz asholz at topinform.de
Fri Oct 26 03:57:30 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I need some advices for a proper approach to bring back to life an old
system, which probably has not been used for a long time.

Recently I got a LINC-8 in a quite good condition.

I don't like to straight power on the system to look what might happen,
but I would like to do it step by step.

 From reading this list and some personal experiences I think to check
the power supply first. How I've to care abou the capacitors, there are
20 big ones in two power supplies.

What is the general process in checking an old system?

Andreas