Atari ST connectors (was: Atari SIO bus connectors found)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 21:38:28 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 22:04, Fred Cisin wrote:

> > > I've been meaning to get a nutdriver that will get at the screws
> > > holding a Model M together so I can shoehorn a ps/2-usb converter
> > > inside.  So far
>
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > If you're talking about those hex-head screws,  my answer is simple:
> > Snap-On Tools!  :-)  I just pulled a 5.5mm nutdriver out of my toolbox,
> > and it fits the screw head quite nicely,  and that's one of the recessed
> > ones.
>
> Is it 5.5mm, or 7/32"?

The one I pulled and tried first was a 5.5mm,  which seemed to fit pretty
well,  but I have both,  if I need 'em.  My "stuff" in terms of nut drivers,
sockets and deep sockets in 1/4" drive,  and also small combination wrenches
goes all the way down to 1/8" and 4mm.  :-)

> > They use a better grade of steel,  and tend to be thinner for any given
> > size. One of the reasons I like 'em,  the no-hassle warranty being
> > another one...
>
> Well, even Sears will give you a lifetime supply of scrap metal, but at
> least Snap-on tends to be decent quality.

Sears has given me a hard time more often than not in recent times,  and
although I'll go there and buy tools it's not my first choice,  if I have a
choice in the circumstances.

-
M Dakin