Atari ST connectors (was: Atari SIO bus connectors found)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:19:14 CDT 2007

> I've been meaning to get a nutdriver that will get at the screws holding a
> Model M together so I can shoehorn a ps/2-usb converter inside.  So far
> everything I've tried (and I haven't looked very hard) will fit the nut,
> but is too thick to get inside the hole.

I am sure I took mine apart using a nutdriver from my Xcellite System 99
kit, although I can't rememebr if it was 5.5mm or 7/32" (5.55mm)

In general, better tools, made from stronger metal, are thinner (they
don't need the thickness to get their strength) and will fit into more
confined spaces

I did have ome problem like this, though. The PSU for my Panasonic
handheld computer -- the one with a voltage selector switch for 110V or
220V mains -- is assemed by 4 deeply-recessed System Zero screws. No idea
_why_ they used those darn things, but the holes they were down were too
small for the official System Zero tool to go in. But only just. I ran a
twist drill down the hole to enlarge it slightly and had no problems
gettingthe screws out and back (or indeed in replacing the blown fuse inside)