An old dream come true: Iris Indigo!

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Oct 31 12:20:31 CDT 2007

On 31/10/2007 09:24, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:34:28 +0000
> Pete Turnbull <pete at dunnington.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> It also uses the same GIO bus as the R3K, different from the Indy's
>> one.
> Sure? I think once I munted a FDDI card from an Indy in a R3k Indigo.

Yes, but some devices are back-compatible.  I can't remember exactly the
differences (width is one) but I once had to know about it when I was
going to design a GIO interface.  It never got very far because I found
an easier way to do what I wanted via another machine, but I do have a
pile of GIO designer's documents somewhere.

--

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager