[Free] Old Data Books (Australia)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Sep 4 21:25:47 CDT 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007 19:59, der Mouse wrote:
> > Meant to include this in my earlier post -
> >
> > Amongst the other "treasure" I've got a decent sized assortment of
> > old Motorola, Fairchild, Texas Instruments, Ferranti and National
> > Semiconductor Databooks.  These are all for chips - analog parts,
> > ECL, MECL, TTL, CMOS logic, Special Function Devices, Memories etc.
> > Date range late 70's to early '90s.
>
> Interesting you mention that now.  I just today found I have 22 tubes
> of assorted DIPs.  16 of them I've been able to find enough info to
> use, if I have a need for them - but there are six more I haven't.  I
> was going to write here and ask if anyone knows where to find specs
> (including pinouts) for these - I spent some time with google, and even
> checked bitsavers.org and vt100.net (neither of which seems to have
> that kind of info - perhaps I missed something?).
>
> Specifically, what I have that's a mystery (/ represents a line break):
>
> MCM2016HN70 / HID8625
> CY7C409A-25PC / USA9225 91714
> GAL16V8A / 15LP / L218D16

I've no direct experience with these,  but have heard of "GAL" chips,  sort of
like "PAL" chips is about all that comes to mind offhand.

> MC14034B / CP QQ8318

This one I can pretty well identify.  Motorola had already used their 4000
series numbers on some earlier TTL stuff so they couldn't use them after the
4000 series CMOS parts came out,  therefore they tacked a 1 in front of the
number.  By any other maker that'd be a 4034.  I'm pretty sure my parts pages
have data on that one.  (Try
http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/by-generic-number.html )

> > If anyone knows of a better home for these than the paper recycling
> > please let me know.
>
> I'd like to snag them myself, but I can't help suspecting it would cost
> an unpleasant amount to get them clear around the globe.

Indeed.

> > My sense is that most of the data is available on the 'net now on the
> > various archives.
>
> Perhaps, but I cahn't help wondering where.

Got three DVDs full of datasheets here,  I'm updating and organizing as fast
as I can,  as time permits.  :-)

-
M Dakin