[Free] Old Data Books (Australia)

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Sep 5 22:51:37 CDT 2007

Tony Duell wrote:

> Don;'t you mean 7483 here? The 7486 is a quad XOR gate, pinout similar to
> the 8400, and with corner supply pins.

Yes I did. Don't ask why I thinking 86?

> The 74283 is a 4-bit adder with a more sane pinout (and corner supply pins).
And faster too I think. I was looking at some old TTL databooks (bitsavers)
and noticed it was two two bit adders glued into the same package. That was
lots of transistors back then.

> The ones I come acorss most often are the 7490, 7492, 7493 counters.
I don't see them often, a TTL digital clock (with nixes) comes to mind
using them that may have been some early 70's magazine.
> -tony

Odd how the old stuff is coming back for projects. You don't see
I built a PeeCee project from scratch using ... , just "I added blinking
lights to my case" as todays project.

Ben alias woodelf.