UX, AIX, FLAYX...

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:40:23 CDT 2007

On 04/09/07, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking back, the POWER lines for Apple were starting to be more of a
> nuisance for IBM. I do not think anyone was crying in Fishkill when
> the news came down about the Mac architecture change.

Because IBM is /renowned/ for its long-term vision of the future of
the PC industry. It's been right so many times, with the PS/2, for
instance.

I think its own estimation of its skills and knowledge of the PC
business is amply demonstrated by its sale of its PC division to
Lenovo.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508