power brownout logger?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Sep 6 19:21:23 CDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> It took almost 6 months before my power company would come out and
> adjust the taps on the distribution transformer.  Mains voltage was
> about 135/270 volts most of the time.  Incandescent bulbs didn't last
> long.  Now it measures (let's see here) about 123/246.  Close enough.

PG&E (1986): "Oh, well voltages like that wouldn't hurt computers, only
things like electric typewriters."
But, they did install a recording monitor, and a few weeks later adjusted
the voltage.

Fred Cisin                      cisin at xenosoft.com
XenoSoft                        http://www.xenosoft.com
PO Box 1236                     (510) 558-9366
Berkeley, CA 94701-1236