Does anyone use RT-11?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:51:00 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
> You do realize that a Z-machine exists for RT-11, don't you?  Johnny wrote
> it a few years back (~2001 probably), Megan ported it, and some work was
> done a couple years ago to get the latest version building on RT-11 again.

Yes.  I am entirely aware of that effort and have a copy already.  I
was more thinking of running the classic (c. 1984) Z-machine on
contemporary hardware, for the sole fact that at that time, I had a
PDP-8, but lusted after a PDP-11 (I bought my first one in 1986, the
$300 I wrote about recently).

This is entirely a nostalgia thing.  Nothing practical about it.

-ethan