Ancient 8086/80286 unixes?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 18:03:47 CDT 2007

> Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >   Looking for the card??  Why not just build one?  It was a construction
> > article, after all.
> Since when have you seen a computer contruction article that
> you DID not have send alway for PCB layouts or firmware?

I know that's a rhetorical question, but I have to answer it :-)

PE (Practical Electorncc) 'CHAMP' system, in 1977 or so. It was built on
stribboard (and IC postion layouts were given, but you had to work out
where to run the wires from the shcematic). As was the assembly listing
of the monitor ROM.