Ancient 8086/80286 unixes?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 18:52:49 CDT 2007

Tony Duell wrote:
> And I think there was an ARM-2 development system on an ISA card. Never
> seen it, though

Looking at a photo of one of mine (the one with the additional I/O controller
and Acorn bus connector), it seems to be an ARM2 CPU - not an ARM1 as I'd
remembered. (At least Google gives the impression that the VL-2333 chip is a
second-generation).

I think I even have software for it. Unfortunately I'm not sure that I have
the firmware, which makes it a little bit useless :-) (Given that it seems to
use a standard TUBE ULA to communicate with the ISA bus, I suppose there's a
very slim chance that it'll work with Acorn's 'Brazil' ROMs from some of their
other early/dev hardware, but I wouldn't hold my breath...)