[SPAM(date)] Re: PS/2 webserver

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:27:33 CDT 2007

On 11/09/2007, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Liam Proven wrote:
> > Merely curious. Does anyone know of any IBM PS/2 machines - the proper
> > Microchannel ones - hosting websites today?
> >
> > I know of a number of very old Macs doing so, including a Mac Plus
> > with a website on floppy, machines running System 6 and AU/X. I've
> > even visited a website hosted on a Commodore 64, I seem to recall.
> >
> > But never a PS/2 one.
>
> It's down at the moment, but anchor.ikickass.org is a PS/2 Model 95.

Cheers for that!

M95, eh? That's quite a modern one, isn't it - a 486 or even a Pentium?

I am considering trying to put my old Model 80-A21 - once the LAN
server on my home net -  on the Web as a webserver. I like the idea of
a webserver that is significantly older than the Web itself. :-)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508