Need a sanity check

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Sep 13 01:52:51 CDT 2007

I'm playing with a Computer Logics PCTD-16 Pertec tape drive
interface board and my Fujitsu M2444AC drive.  I can perform tape
motion commands just fine, but data commands begin and do not seem to
complete.  I've checked that IDBY (J2 38 or W) comes ready at the end
of a read or write, so my next guess is that I've got the cable wire
wrong somewhow.  My reference has this pin connected to pin 24 on the
DC62 connector to the controller.

Here's what I'm using:

http://www.sydex.com/overcbl.html

Have I missed something?  Can anyone double-check this?

Thanks,
Chuck