Unknows S-100 System

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 23:39:20 CDT 2007

> From: Watzman at neo.rr.com>
---snip---> > On Friday 21 September 2007 13:56, Chuck Guzis wrote:> > Unlike the Rainbow, the use of the 8085 was probably not such a great> > idea after Heath/Zenith had been producing Z-80 systems.> > I wonder why they went with that part? I seem to remember some others that > used it as well, though specifics are not coming to mind at the moment. I > have a bunch of those on hand, and think about doing something with them > from time to time. It's a fairly easy chip to use, with an eprom and a ram> > chip and a single address latch, I just haven't decided yet what I'm gonna > do with it.
Hi
 I have a S-100 CPU board with both the 8088 and 8085. I don't
recall the manufacture but is was one of the common ones.
Dwight