Atari ST connectors (was: Atari SIO bus connectors found

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Sep 28 00:12:18 CDT 2007

On 28 Sep 2007 at 0:45, Roger Merchberger wrote:

> The *original* Atari 400? You must be joking, right? I had *microwave
> ovens* with better keyboards than a 400! ;-) About the only worse keyboards
> I can think of was either on the original Timex Sinclair 1000, or possibly
> Tandy's MC-10.

LOL--it was the 800 that I had in mind.  Not the "kiddie komputer
400".

> I would have to say that IMHO, with the angled function buttons & sleek
> lines, it was the most artistic (read: kewl) keyboard of the era... not
> that it helps functionality at all... ;-)

Kewl it may have been, but it really was pretty miserable
(ergonomically speaking).  Maybe if it had been purple or
something...

The software was the best part.  I enjoyed programming it very much--
just wished that Atari had made a "step up" version with a real
keyboard at the same time.  The TT came along too late--the PeeCee
and Mac had grabbed the big market share and I was frying other fish.

And I've never even seen an ATW, in spite of living more-or-less
"around the corner" from Atari.  That's a system I wouldn't mind
collecting, if I were a collector.

Cheers,
Chuck