Coco keyboards

Dave Dunfield dave06a at dunfield.com
Sat Sep 29 19:54:25 CDT 2007

> > The early CoCo-2's had a different keyboard, with squarish flat keys, better
>
> Is that the version in a larger case, like a CoCo 1 case, but white? I
> read about those, but I've never seen one (they are not common in the UK
> at all). All my CoCo 2s are in the later case (same size as a CoCo 3)

I think you are thinking of the last CoCo1 version, which came with 64k
and in a full sized white case. It did have the same keyboard as early CoCo2s.
They are a little uncommon. I have one of these, and a photo on my site sitting
beside the more recognized silver CoCo1.

Early TRS-80 CoCo2s had the same (or at least very similar) keyboard, which
later changed to more sculpted full sized keys, which continued into the CoCo3.

Dave

--
dave06a (at)    Dave Dunfield
                http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/index.html