Replacement for QP1008 (HP9816 PSU)

Eric Smith eric at
Mon Apr 14 16:13:56 CDT 2008

Rik wrote:
> I aquired a HP 9816 with a faulty power supply.
> Thanks to the diagrams of Tony I found out that the switching transistor
> QP1008 is shorted and a 2n2222 but thats no problem.
> I googled for it and searched my datbooks but can't find any replacement
> or
> datasheet for it.
> So does somebody knows the specs or a replacement for this transistor ?

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking, but the replacement for a
2N2222 is a 2N2222.  They're still made, and not at all hard to find.

If that's not what you're trying to replace, what is the part number
you're replacing?  I could be wrong, but QP1008 looks like a component
designator, not a part number.  Even if there's only an HP part number
(e.g., 181x-xxxx), that's more useful for finding a replacement than
a component designator.


More information about the cctech mailing list